What is CO2 (Carbon dioxide) gas?
Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is an acidic colorless gas. The density is about 53% greater than that of dry air. The carbon dioxide molecule consists of one carbon atom doubly covalently bonded to two oxygen atoms. It occurs naturally in the Earth’s atmosphere as a trace gas.
The current concentration is about 0.04% (412 ppm) by volume. Natural sources of CO2 include volcanoes, hot springs, and geysers. It is released from carbonate rocks by dissolving in water and acids. Because carbon dioxide is soluble in water. It occurs naturally in groundwater, rivers and lakes, ice caps, glaciers, and seawater. It is found in oil and natural gas fields. Carbon dioxide has a sour and strong odor and creates a taste of soda water in the mouth. However, at common concentrations, it is odorless.
- Under normal conditions. CO2 is a colorless, odorless and slightly acidic gas that dissolves well in water. It is 1,524 times heavier than air.
- CO2 gas does not participate in the combustion and liquefaction reaction at -78 degrees Celsius. In addition, CO2 can be decomposed at high temperatures of 2000 degrees Celsius into CO and O2.
Applications of CO2 (Carbon dioxide) in industry
- Life jackets typically contain small canisters of carbon dioxide that are compressed to quickly inflate. Steel tubes containing compressed carbon dioxide are also sold to supply compressed air for air guns, pump bicycle tires, and make mineral water.
- Supercritical carbon dioxide is used as a liquid phase agent in spray paint, reducing organic solvents by 80%.
- The rapid evaporation of liquid carbon dioxide is used to cause explosions in coal mines. CO2 is also used as a gas medium for welding technology.
- It acts as a compression agent. And when dissolved in crude oil underground, it greatly reduces the viscosity of crude oil. Create conditions for the oil to flow faster in the ground into the suction well.
- In addition, CO2 is used as an inexpensive, non-flammable pressurized gas.
- CO2 is used to produce urea: CO2 + 2NH3 → H2O + (NH2)2CO (1800C; 200at)
Industrial CO2 (Carbon dioxide) gas price
SIG Vietnam supplies industrial Carbon dioxide in gas and liquid form. CO2 is delivered in 40L, 50L gas bottles and pallets or loaded into customer bottles at the filling station in the factory. Liquid CO2 is distributed by LGC, ISO tank or pumped directly at the factory. So if you want to know the price, please contact SIG Vietnam to be provided with industrial Carbon dioxide price according to your needs.
Place of production – supply – distribution of industrial gas
Sing Industrial Gas Vietnam Co., Ltd. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of industrial CO2 in Vietnam. We also manufacture and distribute professionally such as: Liquid Oxygen, Liquid Nitrogen, Liquid Argon, Liquid Amoniac and Acetylene gas, gas filling service for bottles and bottle assemblies. In addition, SIG Vietnam also supplies refrigerant gases such as: R22, R134a, R401A, R404A, R407C and R410 in bottle form. Single use or reusable bottle. With many weights from 13.6kg to 100kg.