What is industrial oxygen gas?
Industrial oxygen gas is used as oxidant, only fluorine is more electronegative than it. Liquid oxygen is used as an oxidant in rocket manufacturing technology. O2 is the maintenance agent for respiration, so industrial oxygen supplement supply is also widely seen in the medical field, but it has to go through a rigorous process to ensure oxygen concentration and purity. People who climb mountains or travel on planes are sometimes given supplemental oxygen as well. Industrial oxygen is used in welding as well as in the production of steel and methanol alcohol.
Oxygen as a mild stimulant has a history of recreational use that is still used today. Columns of oxygen can be seen in festivals today. During the nineteenth century, O2 was often mixed with nitrogen to make pain relievers.
What is Oxygen?
Industrial oxygen gas has many applications in daily life as well as in production. Industrial oxygen gas is widely used in many industries such as: welding and cutting metal, in medicine, in the environment..etc.
Oxygen (from the French oxygène /ɔksiʒɛn/ most elements as well as with other compounds. After hydrogen and helium, O2 is the third most abundant element in the universe by mass.
The properties of oxygen gas
- Oxygen element symbol: O
- Formula of single substance (molecular): O2
- O2 Atomic Mass: 16
- Molecular Mass of O2: 32
- O2 is a colorless, odorless substance, sparingly soluble in water.
- O2 has a molecular mass of 32 so O2 is heavier than air.
- O2 when liquefied at -1830C will have a light blue color and can be attracted by magnets.
One hundred million tonnes of O2 are extracted from air for industrial uses annually by two primary methods. The most common method is fractional distillation of liquefied air, with N2 distilling as a vapor while O2 is left as a liquid.
The other primary method of producing O2 is passing a stream of clean, dry air through one bed of a pair of identical zeolite molecular sieves, which absorbs the nitrogen and delivers a gas stream that is 90% to 93% O2. Simultaneously, nitrogen gas is released from the other nitrogen-saturated zeolite bed, by reducing the chamber operating pressure and diverting part of the oxygen gas from the producer bed through it, in the reverse direction of flow. After a set cycle time the operation of the two beds is interchanged, thereby allowing for a continuous supply of gaseous O2 to be pumped through a pipeline. This is known as pressure swing adsorption. O2 gas is increasingly obtained by these non-cryogenic technologies (see also the related vacuum swing adsorption).
Oxygen gas can also be produced through electrolysis of water into molecular O2 and hydrogen. DC electricity must be used: if AC is used, the gases in each limb consist of hydrogen and O2 in the explosive ratio 2:1. A similar method is the electrocatalytic O
2 evolution from oxides and oxoacids. Chemical catalysts can be used as well, such as in chemical O2 generators or O2 candles that are used as part of the life-support equipment on submarines, and are still part of standard equipment on commercial airliners in case of depressurization emergencies. Another air separation method is forcing air to dissolve through ceramic membranes based on zirconium dioxide by either high pressure or an electric current, to produce nearly pure O2 gas.
Applications of industrial oxygen in industries
- Industrial oxygen gas is used to cut and weld molten metal. Gas mixtures are capable of generating temperatures up to 3000ºC and 2800ºC. Examples include an oxy-hydrogen gas mixture and an oxy-acetylene blowtorch.
- A high temperature flame is applied to melt by heating between the junctions. The ends are melted and solidified. Also for cutting metal one end is heated until it turns red. The O2 level will be increased until the red-hot component is oxidized. It is this that softens the metal so that it can be cut.
- Applications of Industrial O2 in the Medical Industry: O2 is a gas that helps patients breathe and breathe in times of danger. In addition, O2 is also used at home and is often referred to as home breathing O2.
- Applications of Industrial O2 in Diving: Divers use O2 to create an atmosphere so they can stay underwater longer.
- Application of Industrial O2 in the sanitation industry: O2 is effectively applied to water treatment as well as to clean the environment and air.
Price of industrial Oxygen gas
SIG Vietnam provides O2 in gas and liquid form. O2 is delivered in 40L, 50L gas bottles and pallets or loaded into customer bottles at the filling station in the factory. Liquid O2 is distributed by LGC, ISO tank or pumped directly at the factory. So if you want to know the price, please contact SIG Vietnam to be provided with industrial O2 price according to your needs.
Gas supply – production – distribution place
Sing Industrial Gas Vietnam Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer and distributor of O2 gas. We also supply other gases.
In addition, SIG Vietnam also provides other services such as: tank and ISO tank rental service, design and construction service. Installation and management (EPCM) for gas pipeline system. Pipeline cleaning services as well as gas transportation.
Our customers are steel mills, shipbuilding and repair plants. Hospitals and many companies in other fields such as semiconductor equipment, electronics. Food and beverage processing, refrigeration equipment and paper production.